Sunday, December 5, 2010

C'est la vie...

Life.
The Universe.
Everything.
Forty-Two.

So, Parker. Yeah. He's amazing. Just absolutely amazing.

This is one of those times where I realize what was lacking in all of my previous crush-type-things. The street is actually a two-way street, not a one-way street with the illusion that you could fit two cars on it. Or a two-way street with actual traffic flow, not a two-way street that's barren or in a traffic jam.

He calls me pretty. He chats/texts me first. Novel ideas that shouldn't be so novel.

Why the heck is he not going to be here next semester? And the worst thing is, he was probably interested in me for a while, but I was so bloody focused on The Enigma, that I just let him sit on the very back burner.

Balls.

Most of the advice that I've gotten is to just let things come and then see what happens later. Which is probably the course to go on, but it's so damn frustrating that there's actually someone interested in me and nothing can really happen with it. I mean, it's not like I won't be in contact with him, but... damn. Just damn.

Of course, the best advice I've gotten on the subject comes from My GBFF (that is, my gay best friend forever). Upon hearing my conundrum he said, "You should take him out dancing! And then grind on him. And then kiss him."

At which point I lamented that Parker is slightly shorter than me (at least, if I wear any shoes...). To which GBFF responded "Then bend over and kiss him."

If only things were that simple.

No comments: